Renata Altamirano-Garcia, MS, RD
- Contractor Winter Sports Dietitian for United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee
- Chef Instructor for Sticky Fingers Cooking in the Denver Area
- Sports Nutrition Fellow at the University of Utah Athletics
- Sports Dietetic Intern for Acrobat and Cobat Sports at the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee
- Graduate Assistant and TrueFood for TrueSport Project Coordinator at the University of Colorado in Colorado Springs
- Coordinator of Scientific Diffusion for the Mexican Sports Nutrition Federation (FMND)
- Registered Dietitian at Sports & Health: Sports Medicine Clinic, Mexico City
Sports Registered Dietitian Renata Altamirano-Garcia, MS, RD
- Master of Science in Sport Nutrition from the University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- Dietetic Internship at Gatorade Sports Science Institute (GSSI) and Dalinde Hospital in Mexico City
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Food Science from Universidad Iberoamericana in Mexico City
- Human Nutrition and Dietetics International Exchange Program at Universidad de Navarra in Pamplona, Spain
Certifications and Accreditations
- Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist (RDN)
- ISAK Level 2 Accredited Anthropometrist
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification
- SafeSport Certification
- Ultrasound Body Composition Basic Training
- Holistic Health Coach
- Artistic Photography Diploma
Member of Professional Groups
- Collegiate and Professional Sports Dietitians Association (CPSDA)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Professionals in Nutrition for Exercise and Sport (PINES)
- Mexican Sports Nutrition Federation (FMND)
- Slow Food USA & Mexico
Long Story Short
Born and raised in Mexico City but currently residing in Colorado and loving it!
As a registered dietitian and health coach I get to do really humbling and meaningful work in the clinical, sports and food services setting. I have experience implementing hands-on nutrition education including cooking demonstrations, recipe development, grocery store tours, and presentations on various topics related to nutrition for health and performance.
An advocate for local, seasonal, and sustainable food. Passionate for farm-to table, food-first, plant-forward, slow-food, and mindful-eating food education strategies.
I am a huge people-person and when I am not at work, I enjoy meeting with family and friends to cook, play sports, hike or join any other outdoor activity.
My goal is to fuel athletes and inspire people from all ages about the importance of a holistic lifestyle incorporating mindful eating, active living, and sustainable food choices.
Child tomboy turned sports enthusiast! Just like season food, my physical activities, sporting participation and competition varies according to the seasons. You might find me playing mountain biking, running, skiing, hiking or playing tennis, soccer or basketball. Throughout the year, I also practice yoga and weight-lifting a few days a week.